Monday, September 28, 2009

Sprinkle Sprinkle, Little Star!

We threw Lindy a Sprinkle last Sunday at Mattito's. A Sprinkle is traditionally thrown for the second baby since the mom already has most of the supplies left over from the first. So, this gathering was because we wanted to celebrate the arrival of the second baby. We decided that brunch and a bottomless mimosa was the perfect idea! (Drinks for the un-pregnant ladies, that is.) Well, we kept this affair small and intimate; as intimate as you can be at a big, busy restaurant during a crazy brunch rush with bottomless mimosas! So, on the eve of the shower, I thought we should have something to signify that we were there all together. I had a bunch of left over fabric courtesy of Alison and started putting together these fabric corsages.
I started with this cute flowery fabric:



I cut a strip, about a foot by four inches, with peking shears.



Then, I made about a half inch folds alternating to create this:



Then I put a staple in perpendicular to hold it all together... Ummm I mean I sewed a stitch with my hand crank sewing machine. Just kidding, I used a stapler.




Then, I pulled the loose ends together and stapled each side closed to form a circle.




And here's the finished look:



I added a large safety pin so they could be worn during the shower.



I also made Lindy a version of her own, sporting a J, in honor of her sweet baby James! (Due in two weeks.)




Here is Amanda showing off my design:


Here is Lindy, the guest and baby of honor showing off their's:


She looks so pretty and glowing. I didn't even plan on matching her's with her dress but somehow it worked! Check out Lindy's blog of Reese Pendley, Lindy's daughter!

I think the Sprinkle was a success and everyone enjoyed the food, the drinks, and of course the company!

Stay tuned for my Sprinkle gift to Lindy: The onesie flower pot.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I've never heard of a Sprinkle - love it! I hate when people say an expectant mom shouldn't get a shower bc she already has children. I'm thinking if it's the 1st or 10th, I'd want a party to celebrate my making it through! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!