Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tin Angels!

My mom and I are frequent craft fair goers and here is the latest from Coppell High School Christmas Craft Fair. WARNING- Some hoarding commenced here. Turn away if you are under the age of 13.

We stopped at the best craft booth I have ever seen. A husband and wife team create the most unique and fabulous angels out of "junk" that I have ever seen.



They use everyday items like old dominos to creat the bodies. On this particular one there were wooden wings and wooden legs  and old keys for heads. All attached by hand with wire.


I absolutely love the legs on this one made out of an old ruler. They have used an old keyhole and brooch for the body and drawer pulls for the head.

There were also letters from old printing press blocks.

This was an old hardback book with a spoon for the head!







They also used old scrabble pieces to spell out a special message!

I was so lucky to buy some of these beauties and bring them home with me!


These babes are made out of antique tins, from tobacco to oil.


This tin is  a Monarch Cocoa Tin! I love the rust on it!



I have a family member with the last name Stewart so they are getting this one for Christmas! It is a metal lid from a jar!



This oval shaped tin I think is my favorite! It is a Mellomints tin and these pictures do not do these babies justice.


Side Mellomints tin view. Notice the 10 cents!

Back view of the Mellomints tin. All attached with wire and screws.


The legs are priceless on this one. Made from an old ruler.

Prince Albert Tobacco tin. I love the look of the tin.

Another old tobacco tin. Raleigh Tobacco.
I cannot tell you how much I love these. Im considering giving some of these as Christmas gifts this year but the hoarder in me just wants to keep them all and hang them some where to watch over my home!

Don't forget to enter into my Holdiay Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!