Friday, December 18, 2009

Mantle all Christmas-ized!

Last night I finally got a chance to work on my mantle.. Something that I dread every year because of the dis-mantle.. he he! 

So here is my mantle before: Greenery is up, but nothing fancy is happening here.



Mantle after: Greenery is up and the lights are on!



Stockings are hung with care!



Christmas books and snowflake ornaments are stuck in the greenery.



And I hung a key in the center, don't know why I did it, but I like it!



So this was all stuff I had around the house, except for the stockings. I just bought those last night because we didnt have any! They were $7.99 at Garden Ridge. They are silk dupioni-esk, (or polyester made to look like silk), with little embroidered silvery snowflakes trimming the top. I love them and you can't beat them for $8 each!

Happy Holidays! T-minus 7 days!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And I like the stockings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the key and vintage Christmas books - what a cute idea! I have a new embroidery lady that I just love. She uses the big ole indutrial embroidery machine that places like Neimans still use for the highest quality stitching. If you decide to keep those stockings for the long haul, have her embroider your names. I suggest on the white band to be different. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!