Monday, December 21, 2009

Salt for Christmas?

Yes, I gave my friends salt for Christmas. Does it have a deeper traditional meaning, you ask? A metaphor to represent the night Joseph gave Mary a salt dried hunk of lamb right before she gave birth to baby Jesus? No, blasphemy! I totally made all that up, plus you can't eat meat on Christmas Eve!

Ok, that was weird, but I think my salt gifts looked really cute!

First I started with all this stuff below. (Which is a scary picture considering my hoarding past. Or I mean my past, present, and future. I swear these were all gifts! I will give them all away, all except the one blue one that I'm keeping. God I'm sick in the head.)




It is a Martha Stewart mess! Tiny metal colanders in vintage blue and yellow colors and salt cellars in flower and leaf shapes! Oh and don't forget the Martha Stewart signature magnets!

So here's where I put the salt and pepper. I thought what else could go with salt cellars??




Then I wrapped it all up in cellophane and tied a ribbon! Cute right?




Oh, and don't forget the magnet I attached to the front! It stuck to the metal colander!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so darling!! I'm a salt o holic and would love to get that gift. Plus I've been pining for a metal colander. Super creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!