Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm ENGAGED!

This posting is long over due, but I have been very hectic and busy!

R and I got engaged on April 10th, 2010 during what I thought was a party to commemorate both of us getting new jobs/promotions. We were calling it a Career Year Party, because we are both having a "Career Year!" (See, I have been hectic and busy!)

Well little did I know R was planning on proposing at the party in front of all of our friends and family. Everyone was in on it EXCEPT ME!

R loves surprises as much as I love jadeite and antiquing. I always make fun of R saying that she is like that SNL skit of the lady played by Kristin Wiig, who can't keep a surprise because she's so excited!


R emailed/called everyone ahead of time and got them in on all of the details! I guess I should have known something was up when all my (usually fashionably late) friends showed up at exactly 2pm. R also flew in my sister Smelly from Vancouver, brought in her sister, Jen and nephew Jack in from Arizona. 

We were all visiting and our friend Polly suggested we play a game of Catch Phrase, which isn't an unusual request coming from Polly!
We all got in a MASSIVE circle around the back yard to play. When it got to R's turn, she first yelled out "This is when you just get eachother and everything is better because they are there?" and I yelled "soul mates!" R said "yes, but this is when you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone and you propose and ask them, will you..?" and I then yelled out "will you marry me?" R whipped out the ring from her pocket and got on one knee in front of me and said "well, will you?" 

I couldn't believe it was happening! I was in total shock that everyone was in on it! The ring is beautiful, exactly what I imagined it would be!

My sister Smelly yelled from somewhere in the crowd "well, what's your answer?"

It was "YES!", without a doubt!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a great story : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I'm crying again! Every. Single. Time!! Love you both so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!