Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Doors!

Come'on baby light my fire! I have a huge wall with a vaulted ceiling in my living room and for a while now I have been thinking about hanging an old door there. Riann doesnt really agree, but I think I can change her mind. I dont want another framed print, or canvas. I want something that is textural and dimensional.

This is what I had in mind:


Wooden, beaten down old doors, just hanging on the wall? Am I crazy? Other people have done it! Check out Completely Costal! I wouldnt adorn it with anything, just leave it plain and beaten down.



Maybe add an antique knob and lock? What do you think? I think I'm convinced.

2 comments:

  1. I so hate to contradict my sister... okay, maybe hate is a strong word... but I kinda freaking love it!! I think it'll go well with the overall vibe of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! I'll tell Riann its 2 to 1! HA HA! Just kidding! I think Ill be able to change her mind when I actually show her a cool door. She'll love it, Im sure! Plus usually if I love something that much she can't say no to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!