Friday, November 20, 2009

Ginger Crackles!

My Grama is an amazing cook, baker, and canned goods maker!!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm posting her acclaimed Ginger Crackles.
Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert with tea or coffee, (and a piece of pie).
Oh and Grama, I hope this wasn't a secret family recipe because I am posting it for the world to see!

Why am I rhyming?

Grama's Ginger Crackles

3/4 cup Crisco
1 cup sugar (and extra to roll dough in)
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger

1. Cream Crisco and sugar
2. Add egg and molasses
3. Combine all dry ingredients then blend into liquid
4. Shape into 1" balls
5. Roll in sugar
6. Grease cookie sheet and place cookie balls
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins

Enjoy them this Holiday Season!!

1 comment:

  1. Love anything ginger, so I'll definitely try out Grama's recipe!
    Back to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!