Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mantle Times are Here!

Over the weekend I primped and picked at my fireplace mantle. I love the added glow the lights give off to the living room, it makes it feel so warm! Every year the decor gets tweaked slightly and I think I'm finally done with it for this December 2010! I did the same blueish, greenish, greyish, and silver color scheme as last year's mantle.


Here is the before every day mantle: cluttered with stuff collecting dust all year-


I first removed all the clutter and added the greenery (which had the key still tied in it from last year's Christmas-ized mantle, whoopsie!)


I then added my mercury glass tree, felt snow flakes in browns, blues, and greens. Also a key plaque that I made from an old canvas:


I added air plants this year in tall vases. They are a greenish grey color that I love! I love that I can add stuff I had laying around the house too!


Our sage green snowflake stockings were hung with care, and by care I mean cream colored ribbon.


I added cut out kraft paper initials to each stocking to represent who they belonged to. This way Santa will know which one to put coal in... Riann's.

Here is the boring before, again:


And the festive after:


In the words of Riann: "Holiday [and mantle] Times are here!!"



The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Can you come and decorate my house please? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, as always! :)
    We don't have a mantle so I'm doing the top of the entertainment center this year. Yay for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!