Friday, September 10, 2010

Mums the word!

Mums, a Texas Time honored tradition. I have no idea why, but every year for homecoming high school girls wear mums and the boys wear garters. I had the opportunity to assemble one of these mums Thursday night. It's pretty simple because you buy the pieces at Micheal's and just glue it all together.



I cut ribbons various lengths (the girls like them long). Then just hot glued everything to the back.




We tied cow bells and beads to it and I curled up some ribbon too. People around town charge $55-$80 for these things!! I think mine turned out ok.




Cristina seemed to like it alright except she wasn't too happy with her date, Jared, who was supposed to buy/make it. Oh the high school drama!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Swiss Avenue! Come back again soon, ya hear!